ab Chasing Kate: Pre-Service Training Address

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Pre-Service Training Address

Like I said, I am going to try to convert to snail mail so I don't have to spend hours in the internet cafe so here is my temporary address for my 3- month training period. It takes about 4-6 weeks for me to receive my mail so start writing and sending those letters ASAP!! My address is:

Kyrgyz Republic
722140 Kant City
Mailbox #23
97 Lenina Street, RUPS
Katie Persavich


Here are some helpful instructions that I received from another volunteer:

If you want to send packages, wrap the boxes in a brown paper bag and tie a string around it if the post office will let you. Use lots of tape and include a detailed inventory list on the inside. Typed address labels help as well. Unfortunately, the Kant post office is notorious for messing around with packages. Mostly only small things go missing, like gum and candy. Be especially careful with padded or Manila envelopes-- they are particularly easy to get into. Postal workers also have a tendency to open up letters and switch around the content. For example, one volunteer received a photo of another volunteer's parents. All post offices are not like this. Its just that at Kant, they've been getting volunteer packages for a few years and already know the kinds of things we like in them. I have also heard to address envelopes and packages in red ink and to put bible scriptures on the outside because they are superstitious about stealing things that may be considered religious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home