ab Chasing Kate: Birthdays, Puppies and Pumpkin Pie.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Birthdays, Puppies and Pumpkin Pie.

Birthdays

Yesterday was my Mama's birthay so my Russian group came over to celebrate and I have never seen my Mom and Sister so happy. Izzy, the K-12 who lived in the house before me came from Naryn to help celebrate. We were going to make dinner but we only had time to make Pumpkin Pie but it tasted just like home and was so delicious. We ate a ton of food and drank their homemade wine which was made from raspberries, water and sugar which has been aged for 3 years, it was pretty good, but no Yellow Tail. At least it was red, though. I'd say the party was a success. My Mama loves the Happy Birthday song so we sang it 7 times.

Puppies

I was doing my laundry yesterday and I heard all these squeeking noises coming from my dog house, I asked Tanya what it was and she causally replied,"oh, they're puppies". I was like, yes, I can hear that they are puppies, but... WHAT? I didn't even know my dog was pregnant! There are four of them and apparently they were born yesterday, just like me. They are about the size of the palm of my hand and their eyes aren't even open so they're not really cute yet.

Address

I got my address at my permanent site which is the same as the family I'm staying with. I might get a P.O. Box later but for now, this will do. Since I don't trust any of you to write in Cyrillic I suggest you just copy this, enlarge it and print it out and then send me lots and lots of mail. Thanks :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home