ab Chasing Kate: Talas- Nieto

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Talas- Nieto

Because of medical reasons I am not going to be living in Talas anymore. The Medical Office decided I needed to be closer to Bishkek incase I get sick again. So don't send any mail to that address that I posted.

Today is Thanksgiving and this morning we went over to my LCF's house to pick out a goose. The Apa brought them in and they thought they were going to eat breakfast but instead they let them loose and Tim chased one of them through the maze of beehives and finally caught it. Bohee and I were laughing pretty hard as he was trying to trap it. They handed him a knife and he cut it's head off and as of right now it's being prepared for us to eat. Tim and I are in Tokmok and we're going to go to the bazaar to buy stuff for stuffing, mashed potatoes and everything else you'd expect from an American Thanksgiving sans turkey. He said he feels more like a man now that he's killed something with his hands. Boys. Hmph.

That's all for now. I'll post my new address when I get it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TATIE!!! I miss you SO much, baby! I just got your letter last week and have been meaning to write you a super long, detailed letter - but just cannot seem to find a free moment to myself. I SWEAR I will send a letter soon - I have SO much to tell you about. I just read through all of your entries and am glad to hear you're doing well - even though you seem somewhat distressed, too. Hang in there, honey - you're a tough chick - trust me, if you weren't I would've stopped hanging out with you a loooong time ago. LOL. Anyway - just wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you and love you & miss you thiiiiiiiiiiis much! Hugs and kisses :)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home