ab Chasing Kate: The future.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The future.

One of the favorite conversation topics among the volunteers here is what we’re going to do with our lives once we get back home. Where we’re going to live, what we’re going to do, how many kids we want, etc. etc. You’d think being a teacher would deter me from wanting kids but in fact is has the opposite effect, I want a whole litter of ‘em. I was thinking 10 or 12 would be a good number. Some skeptics will say it’s logistically impossible unless I want to be pregnant for over a decade but I’m optimistic about popping them out in rapid succession. However, the fact that I am not married, close to being married or in the vicinity of wanting to be married and don’t even see it as part of my future until waaaayyy down the line poses a bit of an obstacle. One friend pointed out that I’m going to be pregnant until I’m 40 which, let’s be honest, sounds pretty grim. Alternatively, I said that I would be willing to have 3 of my own then adopt 7 other children- one from every continent. We weren’t sure if children could really be born in Antartica, seeing as how it’s comprised of chunks of floating ice, so I compromised and said I’d take a penguin instead. So my future’s settled: 9 kids and a penguin.

I’ll just have to tell the other kids to knock before opening the freezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home