ab Chasing Kate: Birthday Madness

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Birthday Madness

My birthday here was better than I could have ever expected. It might have to do with the fact that I went dancing 3 nights in a row. It might have to do with the fact that I had friends come up from all over the country to see me and help me celebrate. It might have to do with the fact that I got 4 (4!) birthday packages from home and lots of birthday wishes from friends and family. Or maybe it's all of those things put together.

On a completely unrelated note, I had one of those "wow-I'm-really-in-the-Peace-Corps" moments today. I am not exactly what you would call clean, my clothes have been worn for a week straight (Smoke and Disco sweat and all) and my hair has enough grease in it to fry an egg on it. This morning, I gave myself a Baby Powder Shower, I doused my hair with "Psssst" powder on to soak up my hair grease, and I sprayed my unwashed clothes with Febreeze. After all that, I felt as fresh as if I had just taken a real shower.... I have no idea why Peace Corps volunteers have a reputation for being dirty.

Anyways, here's some shout outs:

The Sugarman and Sledge Families: Thanks so much for the package from the beach, I loved the book you made me, it was great seeing you all. Especially the picture of you, Jess "Peace Suckas!"

Anthony, Barb, Matte, Hallie and Lindsay: Thanks for everything, I don't think the Swedish Fish even saw the light of day. I loved the books and that will keep me from staring at the wall for at least a week!

Ang: Thanks for the Mac and Cheese, I had actually been craving it for quite awhile and I tried to make it from scratch but artificial cheese is not easily replicated. It'll definitely keep me well fed through the winter.

Mom and Dad: Thanks for the clothes, it was almost like Christmas, I'm wearing the black skirt right now and it's sooo comfortable! In fact, it's the only clean thing I'm wearing.

Kathy: I loved the jewelry! The earrings are so rockstar. I feel so obnoxious wearing something that's almost the size of my face, you know me too well. Love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home