ab Chasing Kate: We both like soup.

Friday, January 20, 2006

We both like soup.

(Censored by Peace Corps Kyrgyzstan)

I've lived in my village for a little over a month here and the only two places I have been are to my home, and school and to other people's houses when I go guesting. I figured it would be good for me to actually learn the names of the streets and where everything is situated. I asked my favorite student, Danier to accompany me on my excursion. We walked everywhere and I learned that my village has a pool that operates in the summer. A pool! I can't even tell you how excited I am to lounge around poolside with a good book. It only costs 15 sohm a day- I already know where my living allowance is going for the months of June, July and August.

Tomorrow I am going to learn how to make borshe (a delicious Russian soup, and one of my favorite meals here) at one of my students houses. I never realized how much I miss living with a Russian family. I went over to her house for lunch the other day and her mom ran out of the house, showered me with kisses and treated me like her long-lost daughter. I guess I just don't elicit the same reaction from my Kyrgyz family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home